Dear PASCSH Students and Families,
Dress Codes are an important part of the climate of Passaic Arts and Science Charter High School. Our goal is to always provide an environment that is free of distractions, safe, orderly and conducive to learning. We have sincerely attempted to enforce the current Dress Code at our school 2017-2018 school year, but have found it to be unclear in many ways and therefore, unfair to our students. At the bottom of this memo, you will find PASCHS Student Dress Code policy.
We are sending this information to you now so that you can plan for the coming school year as you do your summer shopping. We will also post this information on our school website and will send an additional mailing later in the summer as a reminder. It is our goal to clearly communicate this information as the Dress Code will be strictly enforced from the first day of school forward beginning in the 2017-2018 school year
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 973-928 5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support of this effort and we look forward to working with you during the coming school year.
Have a great summer.
Harun Celik M.Ed.
Director of PASCHS
PASCHS UNIFORM AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE POLICY
2017-2018 school year
PASCS has a uniform to help create a safe and orderly environment, instill discipline, and eliminate competition and distractions caused by varied dress styles. You will be expected to arrive in the uniform every day. Please cooperate, display modesty and neatness, and take pride in these clean, neat and attractive uniforms. We rely on your common sense and your parents’ and/or guardians’ support in helping maintain this dress code.
All students will be complete uniform prior to boarding any of the school buses transporting students to PASCHS or entering the school building. Uniforms can be purchased at:
125 Getty Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07011
Phone: (862) 225-9938 Phone: (862) 225-9939
The school uniform policy will be strictly enforced Monday through Friday for the entire school year
Uniform (Also see Belts and Footwear below)
- Black polo type shirt with PASCHS insignia on left chest
- Beige pants with belt loops, flat or pleated – (no cargo pants, no pockets on outside of pants, no jeans, no leggings/jeggings, no skinny pants, no yoga pants)
- Burgundy Cardigan with PASCHS insignia on left chest – (no spirit wear, hooded/non-hooded sweatshirts, no jackets, or non-uniform sweaters will be allowed to be worn in school.)
- Shirt is in good condition. Free from holes and tears.
- Shirts must be long enough to tuck in and stay tucked in all day. Shirt will remain tucked in at all times before, during and after school, whenever on school campus.
- Shirts are properly tucked in so belt is visible all the way around.
- Shirt collars and sleeves must remain down.
- School ID must be worn on a lanyard around the neck
- Beige khaki
- Must fit properly
- May not be baggy.
- May not sag.
- May not have a low waist.
- No clothing that is anatomically revealing or overtly oversized.
- No jackets, sweatshirts, or sweaters worn around the waist.
- No shorts or skirts
- No cargo style
- No pedal pushers
- No denim
- No skinny pants or tight pants
Belts and Footwear
- Black belts with gold, black or silver colored buckles – (no decorations or colors on the belt)
- Black Shoes /Sneakers and laces – (completely solid black, no other color can be shown on logo, soles, laces or other parts)
For Safety reasons: No heels, wedges, open toe sandals, no back-less shoes, or flip flops are to be worn with uniforms.
Jewelry and Accessories
- Visible body piercings are not allowed, except for ears. Only one earring can be worn in each ear. Studs or small hoop earrings (not be larger than a dime -1/2 inch diameter) may be worn.
- Hats, bandanas, scarfs or head coverings, which are not worn for religious purposes, are prohibited.
- Pants will be worn at the waist and may not sag or drag on the floor. Sunglasses are prohibited unless prescribed.
- Burgundy T-Shirt with PASCHS insignia
- Black Shorts with PASCHS insignia on left leg
- Dark Grey Sweatpants with PASCHS on left leg (no leggings/jeggings, no yoga pants will be allowed in P.E. Class)
PASCSH spirit wear items may be substituted during physical education class
Personal Grooming Attire
- Nails must be an acceptable length to ensure the safety of the student and others.
- Hair, face, and body paint are inappropriate for school.
- “Extreme dyes or sprays are not permitted (Red, blue, pink, yellow, green, purple, orange, etc.)
- Tattoos should not be exposed.
- Any facial hair should be groomed and well-kept.